The laboratories in the college are fully equipped with complete set of latest tools,inventories, apparatus and instruments, which cater to the need of the undergraduate and post graduate students. The experienced staff help both teachers & students to ensure that rigorous methodologies are adhered to while performing experiments, results are recorded accurately and strict safety procedures are followed.
Major laboratories of the college are in the following departments Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer, Education, Electronics, Microbiology, Physics, Psychology and Zoology. They provide a wide range of facilities for teaching, learning and research.
The laboratories of Govt. Nemichand Jain College fulfill the following objectives :
- To assist in the development of acquisitive,organizational,creative,manipulative and communicative skills among the students
- To assist in reinforcing science process skills of students namely, observing, classifying; measuring; communicating; inferring; predicting; collecting, recording & interpreting data; identifying & controlling variables; defining terms operationally; making hypotheses etc.
- To assist in enhancing the critical thinking skills of the students specifically, synthesizing, evaluating, applying, generating ideas, expressing ideas and solving problems
- To help students in understanding the nature of scientific enterprise – approach of scientists and how they work, existence of a multiplicity of scientific methods, interrelationships between science and technology and among the various disciplines of science
- To refine the reasoning skills of students especially, desire to know & understand; questioning of scientific assumptions;search for data & its meaning; demand for verification; respect for logic; consideration of premises; consideration of consequences; respect for earlier findings/studies etc.
- To promote the qualities of curiosity,perseverance, confidence, open mindedness, risk taking, creativity & courage among the students
- To ensure that the contents of theory are substantiated by appropriate charts and models so as to concretize the scientific theories & their application in the minds of the students