Environmental Education, Awareness and Training plays a significant role in encouraging and enhancing people’s participation in activities aimed at conservation, protection and management of the environment, essential for achieving sustainable development. Eco club is one of the many important activity clubs of an educational institution. The need of the hour is to create an environment friendly generation, because the present generation lives in an artificial world created by man. It is necessary to sensitize them towards nature.
The club will be committed towards raising social awareness regarding environmental issues and changing students’ attitude towards the environment by enlisting their active participation in club’s activities.
- To get the students actively involved in environmental matters and to develop their interest over environmental issues
- To exert value oriented efforts for a safer atmosphere, thus creating awareness towards the three ‘R’s-reduce, reuse and recycle- of conservation
- To inculcate proper attitude with regard to environment and its conservation through action-based programmes.
- To enhance students participation in protecting the micro environment.
- To implement efficient solid waste management.
- To reduce the use of plastic in the community.
- To forge ties with the community on ecological problems and conservation.